Bend the Smartphone Rules
Take smart in a whole new direction with Motorola BACKFLIP™ with MOTOBLUR™. BACKFLIP maximizes the multi-tasking potential of MOTOBLUR with unique design elements making it as smart as it is social. The reverse flip transforms BACKFLIP into a hands-free video player, music player, digital picture frame and alarm clock. It’s time to have some flippin’ fun with BACKFLIP with MOTOBLUR.
Flip, Tap and Be On Your Way
MOTOBLUR, Motorola’s Android-powered content delivery service, organizes all your favorite friends, feeds and messages and streams them to live widgets for immediate reply, so you can focus on what people have to say – instead of how they send it. Blast your status to Facebook®, MySpace and Twitter – all at once, right from the home screen or even send a group text and let everyone know where you're heading. Friend-feeds, status updates, wall posts, bulletins and photo uploads from your social media sites are automatically fed to the Happenings widget. Sign up for all your favorite news feeds, sport scores and celeb gossip and have it delivered to customized widgets so you never miss a breaking story.
A Whole New Perspective in Reverse
For those on the social edge, BACKFLIP with MOTOBLUR offers a new way to view your favorite content. With a reverse-flip design, BACKFLIP transforms into an entertainment powerhouse on a clear 3.1” hi-res screen. In table-top mode, watch your favorite YouTube™ sensation, reminisce through last night’s photos or lay back, relax and enjoy the show. Scroll quickly and easily through menus and features with BACKTRACK™, a touch panel located behind the home screen, offering you an unobstructed view of Web, texts, e-mails and news feeds. From back to front BACKFLIP puts your life in a new perspective.
BACKFLIP is BACKED-UP
MOTOBLUR’s secure server comes fully integrated with GPS tracking from the online owner’s portal and remote data wipe. So while you may lose your phone, you won’t lose the contacts and data that keep you connected. Now all your contacts, log-in information, home screen customizations, e-mail and social network messages are backed-up, so you can rest easy.
Apps, Photos and More
Access to more than 18,000 apps and widgets on Android Market™ gives you the ability to personalize BACKFLIP however you’d like. A 5 megapixel camera with flash takes sharp photos which show up brilliantly thanks to BACKFLIP’s 3.1” high-res display. Additional extras such as aGPS, Wi Fi, hotspot support1 and stereo Bluetooth1 assure that you will have everything you need always at your fingertips.
- Image Editing Tools
- On main display, Picture ID, Ringer ID, social network status
- Synchs personal and work contacts, and connected social networks via MOTOBLUR
- MySpace, Photobucket, Picasa™, Facebook™
Customizable Home Screen
- MOTOBLUR's Happenings, Status and Messaging widgets deliver status posts and more. Customizable RSS news widgets keep you up to date.
- Facebook™, MySpace and Twitter Direct Messaging
- Motoblur Enabled
Music & Video
- AAC, H.263, H.264, MP3, MPEG-4, WAV, MIDI, AAC+
- Music Enabled1
- Music Player
- Video Capable
- Video Capture
- Corporate (Exchange), Gmail™, IMAP, POP3, attachment and browser document viewer (Microsoft Office® and pdf), HTML email composer
Instant Messaging (IM)4
- AOL Instant Messenger®, Windows® Messenger and Yahoo!® Messenger, Google Talk™
- Text Messaging (SMS)4
- Multimedia Messaging (MMS)4
- Voice Mail4
- Bluetooth ® Specification Version 2.0 +EDR supporting the following profiles: Hands Free Profile (HFP), Headset Profile (HSP), Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) and Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP). Listen to music with stereo Bluetooth® headsets.
- Full HTML browser, Android Webkit
- USB 2.0 (High Speed)
Gps And Location Services1
- aGPS with Google Maps™, Google Latitude™, Google Maps Street View, eCompass, AT&T Navigator, AT&T Maps
Internet And Games
- Web Access
- Android Market™
- Hearing Aid Compatible
- Dual microphone with noise cancellation
- VR Name dialing, VR Digit dialing
- Advanced Speech Recognition
Google Mobile Services
- Google Maps™
- Google Talk™
- Android 1.5 (upgradable to Android 2.1)
Custom Navigation -
- BACKTRACK™ navigation pad behind screen
Dedicated Keys -
- Volume control, Camera, Back, Home, Lock
- Touch Screen
- Keypad Lock
- Qwerty Keyboard
- Voice Commands
- Preloaded and downloadable
- Preloaded and downloadable
- Preloaded and downloadable
- 3.1-in.; HVGA (320 x 480 pixels)
Size (H X W X D)
- 53.0 x 108.0 x 15.3 mm
- Touch QWERTY Backflip with Touch and QWERTY
Materials And Finish
- Reverse flip design enables table top media mode
Productivity And Software
Motoblur™ Widget Calendar
- sync corporate calendar, email, and contact list.
- 2 GB microSD pre-installed
- WCDMA 850/1900/2100, GSM 850/900/1800/1900, HSDPA 7.2 Mbps (category 7/8), EDGE Class 12, GPRS Class 12, aGPS, v2.0
- supports up to 32 GB microSD
|Battery ||Capacity ||Talk Time ||Standby Time|
|Lithium Ion||1400 mAh||approx 315 hrs||approx 13.5 days|
- The Office, property of NBC Studios used under license. PrimeTime2Go is a trademark of Quickplay Inc.
- Google, Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail, Google Latitude, Google Talk, YouTube, Google Quick Search Box, Android, and Android Market are trademarks of Google, Inc.
- DROID is a trademark of Lucasfilm Ltd. and its related companies. Used under license.
- Airtime, data charges, and/or additional charges may apply to applications. Certain applications or features may not be available in all areas. Some listed applications may be trial versions. See your service provider for details.
- 1 Network dependent feature, not available in all areas. Airtime, data charges, and/or additional charges may apply. Photo ID and ring tone assignment to the Address Book entries, must be saved on the phone and not the SIM card.
- 2 All talk and standby times are quoted in Digital Mode, and are approximate. Battery performance depends on network configuration, signal strength, operating temperature, features selected, and voice, data and other application usage patterns. All screen images are simulated.
- 3 All talk and standby times are quoted in Digital Mode, and are approximate. Battery performance depends on network configuration, signal strength, operating temperature, features selected, and voice, data and other application usage patterns. More.
- 4 Network and/or SIM card dependent feature, not available in all areas. Airtime, data charges, and/or additional charges may apply. Wireless email functionality requires an email account with wireless server capabilities.
- 5 Bluetooth technology is a low-power, short-range wireless technology that enables certain types of wireless communication between products equipped with Bluetooth technology. In order for products equipped with Bluetooth technology to communicate with one another, they must utilize the same profiles. To determine the profiles supported by other Motorola devices, visit www. motorola.com/bluetooth. For other devices, contact their respective manufacturer. Certain features including those listed may not be supported by all products equipped with Bluetooth technology, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices, or by certain wireless carriers. Contact your wireless carrier about feature availability and functionality.
- 6 Data transmission speed is approximate and depends on the traffic on the network. Actual speeds will vary and are often less than the maximum possible.
- 7 Network and/or SIM card dependent feature, not available in all areas. Airtime, data charges, and/or additional charges may apply. Wireless email functionality requires an email account with wireless server capabilities.
- 8 Available user memory varies due to the configuration of the phone, which varies by service provider.
- 9 The unauthorized copying of copyrighted materials is contrary to the provisions of the Copyright Laws of the United States and other countries. This device is intended solely for copying non-copyrighted materials, materials in which you own the copyright, or materials which you are authorized or legally permitted to copy. If you are uncertain about your right to copy any material, please contact your legal advisor.
- MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered in the US Patent & Trademark Office. The Bluetooth trademarks are owned by their proprietor and used by Motorola, Inc. under license. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners. © 2008 Motorola, Inc. All rights reserved.