Model: Xperia Z (PR)
Unlocked Sony Mobile Xperia Z Smart Phone (Purple) Specs
|Legit Writing Jobs||Create An Iphone Or Ipad App|
|21 Days To Healthy Eating||Niche Builder|
More Sony Mobile Cell Phones Terms & Conditions
We can not guarantee that all of the descriptive information on this page is 100% correct.
World's first image sensor with HDR video for smartphones*Stunning photos and videos in any light
Our smartphone cameras are built with the same expertise and components as leading Sony cameras, to bring you ultra-sharp photos and videos, wherever and whenever.
- * Verified by Strategy Analytics as of 4th of february 2013.
Xperia Z features Exmor RS™ for mobile, the world's first image sensor with HDR video for smartphones, so you can take beautiful stills and movies even against strong light.13-megapixel camera
The 13 megapixel fast-capture camera and the next-generation Sony Exmor RS™ for mobile sensor makes Xperia Z the Android mobile that delivers crystal clear photos wherever, whenever.Great in all light conditions
With Exmor RS™ for mobile and HDR, Xperia Z takes sharp photos and videos both in lowlight and strongly backlit conditions. The lowlight sensors on front and back make it the first dual Exmor R™ for mobile camera.Superior Auto
Not a pro with settings? Superior Auto mode automatically activates HDR and noise reduction when they're needed.
The highest level of water resistance in a smartphone**Smart, sleek & durable
No one knows how to best pack durability into a beautiful design like Sony. The slim 7.9 mm body, with its reflective glass surface, looks and feels slick, but Xperia Z is crafted to be water-resistant, dust-resistant and tough enough to handle whatever life has planned.
- **As of 4th of february 2013, outside of Japan there are no smartphones with a waterproof rating higher than the Sony Xperia Z. For more information on Strategy analytics results, click here.
How can we be certain? In order to get the high IP55 & IP57 rating, we submerge Xperia Z under water for 30 minutes - and make sure it's good as new when it comes out. It's also resistant to water jets!Tough as metal
How solid does a precision engineered smartphone need to be? How about as solid as a car? Xperia Z's frame is made from glass fibre polyamide, the same material that's used as a metal substitute in automobile parts.Durable glass
The durable tempered glass on front and back is a lot stronger than conventional glass. And with anti-shatter film on the front and back, Xperia Z is anything but fragile.Dust-resistant
Since we can't take every Android smartphone outdoors, we bring the dust tests to our labs. Before we label Xperia Z dust-resistant, we hang it in a dust-test chamber and make sure its operation is unaffected.OmniBalance design
The design is focused on creating balance and symmetry in all directions. Xperia Z has beautiful rounded edges and smooth, reflective surfaces on all sides, which are held together by an innovative skeleton frame.One touch to entertainment
Discover the quick and easy way to wirelessly share music and photos from your smartphone. One-touch mirroring with NFC technology lets you easily see content on your phone, on your TV. Just touch your phone to your BRAVIA® remote control and watch your photo or music pop up on the TV screen. No cables, no buttons, no confusion.
- * One-touch mirroring is designed to work together with an NFC-enabled BRAVIA® TV.
A screen so immersive you can get lost in it, images so real you feel like you're there, and a camera that lets you capture the moment whenever and wherever it occurs. See how Xperia Z takes you to new places.Smartphone with super power
The Snapdragon™ S4 Pro quad-core processor gives you super-fast performance, unparalleled graphics and efficient battery use. Find your way on Google maps. Stream the latest YouTube clips with LTE. Or download the newest apps and run them without a hitch. Get it all when you want it - now.Better battery life
With Battery STAMINA Mode you have more intelligent battery management and can easily improve your standby time by four times or more*. Your phone knows when you're screen is off and shuts down the battery-draining apps you don't need, then starts them up again when the screen is back on.
- * Based on testing done with default settings, default accounts and applications for Skype™ and Twitter downloaded to the phone. The more applications installed, the bigger the effect of Battery STAMINA Mode.
Entertainment audioXperia™ Z comes with a high quality stereo headset.
Get the most out of your music, games and films. An in-ear headset that's designed for a premium comfort fit lets you enjoy quality entertainment audio. And when a call or message comes in, you'll know.Discover the craftsmanship behind Xperia™
Push the boundaries of what you thought was possible from your smartphone, tablet and accessories.Xperia™ Care. We've got the answers.
Whether you need to download new software or want to find out about the latest new features, we're here to support you. Make the most of your smartphone and receive help and support when you need it, right at your fingertips.
- 146 grams
- 5.15 oz
- 139 x 71 x 7.9 mm
- 5.47 x 2.79 x 0.31 inches
- Google Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- 1.5 GHz Qualcomm APQ8064+MDM9215M Quad Core
- On The Inside
- Display and Design
- 5", 1920x1080 pixels, 16,777,216 colour TFT
- Sony Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- Capacitive touchscreen with on-screen QWERTY keyboard
- Screenshot capturing
- Up to 16 GB
- microSD card, up to 32 GB
- Flash Memory
- Expansion Slot
- GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
- HSPA+ (Bands 1, 3, 5, 8 or bands 1, 2, 4, 5, 8)*
- (Bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20)*
- Connectivity and Communication
- 3.5 mm audio jack (CTIA)
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- DLNA Certified
- HDMI via MHL support
- Media Go
- Media Transfer Protocol support
- Micro USB support
- Native USB tethering
- PC Companion
- Screen mirroring
- Synchronisation via Exchange ActiveSync, Facebook, Google and SyncML
- USB charging
- USB High speed 2.0 support
- Xperia Link
- Wi-Fi and WiFi Hotspot functionality
- Wi-Fi Miracast
- * This feature is not available in all markets
- Camera and Video
- 13 megapixel Exmor RS camera with Auto focus and Burst Mode
- 16x digital zoom
- HDR for both picture/film
- Face detection
- Flash/Pulsed LED and Photo light
- Front-facing camera (2 MP 1080p Exmor R)
- HD video recording (1080p)
- Image stabiliser
- Picture Effect
- Quick Launch
- Red-eye reduction
- Scene recognition
- Send to web
- Smile detection
- Sony Exmor RS for mobile image sensor
- Superior Auto
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch focus
- Pre-loaded Applications
- Google Chrome*
- Google Play*
- Google search*
- Google Voice Search*
- Google Maps for Mobile with Street view and Latitude*
- Web browser (WebKit)
- Google Talk application*
- 3D Surround Sound (VPT)
- Album art
- Bluetooth stereo (A2DP)
- Clear Audio+
- Dynamic normalizer
- Music tones (MP3/AAC)
- PlayNow service*
- TrackID music recognition*
- "WALKMAN" application
- xLoud™ Experience
- 3D games
- Motions gaming
- Video streaming
- Facebook application*
|Battery||Network||Talk Time||Standby Time||Video Call Time|
|Li-Ion 2330 mAh||(2G)||Up to 11 hrs||Up to 550 hrs||-|
|Li-Ion 2330 mAh||(3G)||Up to 14 hrs||Up to 530 hrs||-|
|Li-Ion 2330 mAh||-||Music aprox 40 hrs||-||-|
- Mega Bass™, Memory Stick Duo™, Memory Stick PRO Duo™, Memory Stick Micro™, M2™ and Xperia™ are trademarks of Sony Corporation.
- * This feature is not available in all markets
-  Values are according to GSM Association Battery Life Measurement Technique. Battery performance may vary depending on network conditions and configurations, and phone usage.
-  In compliance with IP5/7 and IP5X, Xperia Z is protected against the ingress of dust and is water resistant. Provided that all ports and covers are firmly closed, the phone is (i) protected against low pressure jets of water from all practicable directions in compliance with IP 55; and/or (ii) can be kept under 1 metre of freshwater for up to 30 minutes in compliance with IP 57. The phone is not designed to float or work submerged underwater outside the IP55 or IP57 classification range and should not be exposed to any liquid chemicals. If liquid detection is triggered on the handset or battery, your warranty will be void.
- Copyright © 2013 Sony Mobile Communications AB. All rights reserved